Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Homeless...

I've never been completely homeless... I mean, living on the streets and not having a place to sleep. But I have often ended up homeless for a time... living a nomadic life, moving from one place to the other, traveling around, meeting new people, experiencing new cultures... and I love it!!!

However, maybe I'm just getting old, or something, but the idea of not having a home, not knowing what to write in forms when they ask for a "permanent address" is getting to me. Don't get me wrong, I love to travel and will never stop. But I long for the day when going on a trip means packing a backpack, locking the front door and going. Knowing that if I come back 2 days or 6 months from now, it will all still be there. My home. A place to come back to.

I returned the keys to my apartment today... This was probably the nicest place I've ever lived, and I can only hope I can find another apartment like that when I get back... but that's more than 5 months away, so I won't worry about that yet. I only hope the next one will be a little more "permanent", even if not "forever".

I leave you with a picture of what I saw out the window this morning when I woke up...



No comments:

Post a Comment