Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

The happiest place on earth...

Forget Disneyland! Thailand is the happiest place on earth! The name of the country literally means "Land of Smiles". Boy, did they get that right! 

Just landing in Thailand puts a smile on my face. I can't think of a single thing I don't like about this place. The food is fantastic. The people are lovely, friendly and helpful (without trying to sell you a thing!) the weather is great. The beaches are beautiful. The diving is incredible. The prices are cheap. It is easy, with an excelent tourist infrastructure. It is safe (even for a woman solo-traveler). 

Even if you say there are a lot of tourists, yes, true, but not everywhere. There are SO MANY incredible places out of the tourist trail, it's easy to avoid them if you want. 

This is my 3rd visit, and this time, I'm actually *forcing* myself to leave, in order to visit the neighbouring countries (Laos/Cambodia/Vietnam) which I keep wanting to see but always end up getting stuck here. Went to get my Vietnam visa today, so this time it is happening!!! 

But first, I think I'll have another Pad Thai... ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment