Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Last week of 1st semester

Hey guys,

Sorry for the radio silence. Med school kicked into super-sonic high gear lately, and I've barely had time to breathe. We had a major problem with our community, they were going to close the health center where we go!! But by sheer luck, we managed to talk to the right person at the right time and prevent it from closing (major win!!!)

I also had my mom for a visit, which is great, but eats up a lot of my time and it's not what you want, 10 days before finals. 

This week we have a million things to turn in, I'm currently on a bus to the community where we're giving a workshop to the school about sexuality (community has high rate of teenage pregnancies) and next week we get our "continuous evaluation" grades which will in part determine whether we have to take giant monster cumulative exam in  July or not. 

To say I'm stressed out is an understatement. 

But such is the joy and the pain of med school. Work hard. Help people. Sleep when you can. And we already accomplished more than I ever thought we would, with the health center. 

All in all, my first semester of med school flew by. It's tough, but that was expected. I'm loving it. 

Cross your fingers for me, so things go well on finals!!! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment