Pages

Monday, September 7, 2015

Life cycles

Life's been good lately. So good that I haven't been writing much here. Isn't that usually how it goes? When there's too much going on, you don't have time to write.

I am now studying for exams later this week, and slowly starting to freak out. And procrastinating (by way of writing a blog post) is a sure sign of freaking out. 

 (How I feel under my pile of books)

I'm studying lots of biochemestry, you know, glycolysis, Krebs Cycle, Electron-chain transport, Fatty-acid oxidation, gluconeogenesis, etc. and there are a lot of cycles. Chain reactions. This thing activates that thing, which activates that thing... 

It all got me thinking about all the chain reactions that brought me here, right now. The domino-effect of our actions and decisions, that seemed so small and unimportant at the time, but have made us who we are and brought us to where we are. 

I guess all I'm trying to say is that I'm happy. Somehow all the dominos fell where they were supposed to--a place I could never have predicted--and the picture is complete. 

So besides the little stress of the moment which always comes with exam week, and the inevitable feeling of being overwhelmed, I have nothing transcendent to report. 

Happy life is boring from the outside. 😉

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    A final yr medstudent from the Eastern part of the world. Wishing you ALL the luck for your exams. And yes, I can relate to the overwhelming building up of 'stress' prior to finals, yep it is there til the end of undergrad studies, but then again, we always survive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! :)

    And good luck on the last little stretch of med school to you! Must be a great feeling, after all that stress to actually see the light at the end of the tunnel getting bigger. You're almost there!! :)

    ReplyDelete