Pages

Monday, November 21, 2016

Dreams

                   

It seems impossible. I can barely believe it, and I'm the one living it! I'm 10 days away from finishing my 2nd year of medical school. 

It seems like it was only yesterday, that I was living in Berlin, having a crisis about my future and talking with a good friend about the fact that the only thing I had really ever wanted to do was medicine, but the chance had passed me by. I was too old. I couldn't drop everything now and start over. 

Or could I? 

The phrase on the picture above is so obvious, but so hard to see sometimes. Medicine is a long term goal. It takes a lot of time and effort. You might have to give up other things, and you'll definitely have to make sacrifices in order to achieve it. But if it's what you really want, you owe it to yourself to go for it. Because if you don't, the time will pass anyway, and you might look back and realize that if you had started then, you'd have accomplished it now. 

So do it. Whatever your dream is, run to it. Be brave. The first step, the decision, is the hardest. After that, nothing can stop you. Nothing should stop you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment