Pages

Friday, August 29, 2014

A hard day's night...

I'm feeling more powerless than usual right now... 

I am winning the fight against infection in Irene's leg, and that's good. (my amputee lady)

I'm trying to win the fight against infection in Taira's leg (the 11 year-old boy) and it seems to be going well, except for the ridiculous amounts of pain I have to inflict on him every morning...  

I am losing the fight against infection in Blaise's leg. He still has his leg, but every day, there's pus pouring out of it... I'm afraid he's going to get septic and we'll have to amputate. He's a young, strong guy, and if he loses his leg, he'll have no way to work and will probably be reduced to begging. 

There's very little I can do about it. I am squirting betadine straight into his bone, and upgraded him to 2 dressing changes a day, to see if it helps... 

If you're the praying kind, please pray for him. If you're not the praying kind, pray anyway... I'll believe for the 2 of us... 

No comments:

Post a Comment