Pages

Sunday, August 31, 2014

An Oasis in the desert...

Everybody is leaving tomorrow, at 5am. I will be the only one standing, along with a Chadian doctor who I met today, Samedi. Yes, his name is Samedi = Saturday. I guess he was born on a Saturday, I don't know. 

Anyway, tonight we went to "La Residence", which is a nice hotel just down the street, with a French chef, air conditioning and decent food. 


That's all of us, from left to right Nick and Kelsey (nurses), me, Bekki (Dr. Scott's wife), Dr. Scott, Lindsay (their daughter), Joleen (dental hygienist) and Will (physical therapist). 

Lindsay, Joleen and Will are leaving for good, Dr. Scott and Bekki are leaving on vacation for a month, and Nick and Kelsey are going to do a 3-week anaesthesia course... 

But now I know that "La Residence" exists... so every time I'm missing civilization and western food, I'll go over there for dinner... :) The food was delicious and the plate was ginormous... 


After a pretty tough week, it was a well deserved little break, and a nice way to say goodbye... 

1 comment:

  1. What a fun time that was!! Enjoy the restaurant when you're missing western food! We miss you!!

    ReplyDelete