Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mid-terms and stress

Just a quick post about my midterm exam: 

It's stressful. Very stressful. This is a 3-hr exam that covers ALL of the material of EVERY class we've had so far. 

The way my school is organized, we have 2 midterms and if we have an average of 80% on the exams, plus 80% on the "continuous evaluation" which includes all of homework, presentations and participation in class (and is completely subjective, which I hate!!), you get a month's vacation in July. 

If not, you have to prepare for a 3rd exam in the 3rd week of July, which covers all of the material for the entire semester. 

Folks, remember this is med-school. That well-known metaphore about drinking from a firehose is a great illustration. So the material for the entire semester, in one killer exam? I'd rather not, thanks. 

Hence why I'm currently stressed out and studying so I can get the best possible grade on this midterm. If I get less than 80%, I can forget about my chances of not going to Final Exam. It also doesn't help that my otherwise adorable kitty is going through puberty and decided to wake me up in the middle of the night, every night, meowing at the door of my bedroom. (She can't get spayed yet, she will as soon as they let me!) 

Wish me luck. I'm really stressed out, and I really shouldn't be. I know my stuff. I have been studying. But since it's the first exam, I'm not sure what to expect. 

Yey! Med school! Just 3 more years of this (before clinics)! 

P.S.: Can I please just poke somebody with a sharp object? I feel like if I don't get to handle a needle or IV line until December, that I might explode. 

1 comment:

  1. no puedo encontrar el comment que me dejaste pero que alegria que aun estes posteando! me fue dificil encontrar tu blog en google pero ahora ya me guardo la direccion :) fuerza! debe ser duro estar en mvd sin poder salir para estos lados deel mundo, eso tan dificil como el exAmen!

    ReplyDelete