Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2015

The day after...

the midterm exam, that is. It was a beautiful day, sunny, not a cloud in the sky. Warm. The exam took me 2 1/2hrs (we had 3 1/2hrs total, so ample margin!) and started at 9, so I got home around noon. Changed into a bikini and a beach dress, grabbed a book and some sunscreen, and spend the afternoon on the beach, **reading a book** that had nothing to do with medicine! (Only my med-student friends will understand what this means. Oh, it was heaven!

Then I slept for about 10hrs.

And then, I got on a bus to go to Valizas, a place on the coast of Uruguay, which only has wild beaches and barely any houses or people. It was 36hrs of walking through nature, collecting delicious edible mushrooms, cooking, talking to friends, and generally just relaxing. I even turned off my cell phone for the 36hrs, in order to really disconnect from school. I knew they would be posting the answers to the exam soon, and I didn't want to see that.







Came home late at night and very tired, so I slept like a rock (for 5hrs!) and got up the next morning to start all over again. That's when I finally checked my answers and realized I had done very well on the exam. :)

Now, until the next exam, I have a little breathing space. It's only a month, but I'll take it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment