Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Irony in the New Year

Right before New Year's 2014/2015 I wrote a post about losing my phone and feeling guilty and stupid when I thought about buying a new one and how many people that money could help. But I found the phone and everything was ok.

This time, the phone was actually stolen from my bag, so I obviously didn't get it back. My mom offered to buy me a new one, but I declined. As much as it sucks to not have my awesome iPhone, I borrowed and old Samsung from a friend and it will have to do. 

I guess I learned something. 

So for this new year 2016, as I prepare to go back to Tchad and deal with real poverty, hunger, need, I hope to keep my priorities in order and remember that there are many things more important and necessary than a phone. 

And I wish for all of us, whether you have something to do with medicine or not, that we strive to make the world a better place. Even a little bit. We really *can* make a difference, and if we all do just a little, it all adds up to something great. 

Happy New Year from Berlin!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment