Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Call me surgeon!!

I think there comes a moment in every med student's life, when they feel like their dreams are coming true, that they're in the right path, that all the effort (past, present and future) is worth it.

My moment happened when I performed my first surgical procedure (minor!) on my own, from beginning to end. I was supervised, of course, but I did everything. Local anesthesia, incision, disecting the lipoma out, suturing. It was removing a lipoma from someone's thigh, so nothing transcendental, but it was awesome. And it was a pretty big lipoma too!!

I feel like a surgeon. Of course, I have *many* years of hard work ahead before I am really a surgeon, but I'm getting there.

Here's a picture of me, grinning from ear to ear, with the lipoma I just removed!

No comments:

Post a Comment