Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

Bitter-sweet

You know you did something right when every single one of your patients tells you they don't want you to leave... :) I went around this afternoon and took pictures with them and with the staff. I'll post some later... 

I'm a little sad, but 4 of my patients have been discharged and Dr. Scott said Fatimah will probably get discharged Wednesday. That makes 5 of my patients discharged. The two I fought hard for (Blaise and Gombo) are doing much better, and there's only one who is still in danger of losing her leg (2 year old baby girl!!) but she has osteomyelitis and there's not a whole lot I can do for her anyway... :( 

Tomorrow I take a bus back to N'Djamena and tomorrow night, a plane to Paris. Then I'll spend 12hrs in Paris, stuffing my face with croissants and stinky cheese, then get on another plane to Nepal. 

Tuesday: Tchad
Wednesday: France
Thursday: Nepal

3 continents in 3 days. That's a record for me! :) I'm excited about the next phase of my trip. It'll be fun! :) And I am at peace with my decision to leave. 

Ecclesiastes 3:1 "For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven." 



No comments:

Post a Comment