Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

Two places at once...



"When you travel far, give your soul time to arrive." African Proverb

My soul is confused. I think it stayed in Chad. My body was torn from Chad, from a place where my emotions were tried every single day, where electricity was only by generator (which sometimes didn't work) and cold water, "supermarkets" with only the bare minimum, and most importantly: sick people that needed me-- to Paris-- arguably the height of civilization, with abundant food, wifi, hot showers, starbucks coffee and chocolate-- to Kathmandu-- a magical place, that somehow confers peace just by being here. 

Nepal is wonderful, this is my second visit, and I am incredibly happy to be here. 

But my soul is confused. 3 days ago I was working in a hospital in Chad. How did I get here? And those 14hrs in Paris, was that a dream? Did that really happen? That was a giant culture shock...

I miss Chad. It's weird, I know. It'll take me a while to let go. I asked for news, and Dr. Scott told me that Blaise and Gombo are doing "really well" and another of my patients also got discharged. 

I will enjoy the hustle and bustle of Kathmandu for another couple of days, before heading to Pokkhara and the Annapurna Mountains. 

I hope my soul have arrived by then... 

No comments:

Post a Comment